Where2Shop.sg is owned and operated by the Housing and Development Board (“HDB”).
Here are the meanings of some words used within our Site :
• “Company” means a company incorporated in Singapore or a corporation registered in Singapore
• “Firm” includes a sole proprietorship and a partnership registered in Singapore
• “HDB e-Services” includes any HDB transactions/services provided by HDB on this Site
• “He” includes “she” and “it”, depending on whether the User is a sole proprietor, a partner, Company, or an authorised employee or agent of a Firm or Company
• “Information” means any communications including information, material, feedback, suggestions (excluding personal data as defined in the Personal Data Protection Act 2012 (No. 26 of 2012)
• “Materials” includes all information, source code, pages, software, programs, documents, pictures, images, photographs, graphics, trade and service marks, technology, design, data compilation, text, audio and video in the Site
• “SingPass” means the Singapore Personal Access common password used to transact with various Government online services, details of which are found on the SingPass website
• “Singpass ID” means the username that corresponds to the SingPass
• “Site” means all web pages contained in this website provided by HDB, including any HDB e-Services and any file of any format which is accessed through a hyperlink, but does not include other unrelated web pages not hosted by HDB which are accessed through a hyperlink
• "We", "our", "us" and “HDB” refers to the Housing & Development Board
• "You" and "User" includes the person who is currently accessing the Site, regardless of whether SingPass is used, whether in his own name or for and on behalf of a Firm/Company. Where the person accesses the Site for and on behalf of a Firm/Company, the Firm/Company shall be deemed to be a User as well
Duties of the User
Please note that :
• You must not use the Site, your SingPass, or any other password and User ID for any unlawful purpose
• You must not alter or modify the Site
• You must not transmit, distribute, post, communicate, or store information or other material on, to or through the Site that:
• is copyrighted, unless you are the copyright owner
• infringes any intellectual property, privacy or publicity rights of others
• is defamatory, threatening, obscene, harassing, harmful, or embarrassing to any other person or entity as determined by us in our sole discretion
• is sexually explicit
• contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, or other computer programming routines or engines that are intended to damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data, or information
• You must ensure that all information or data that you submit or permit or cause to be submitted on the Site or through the HDB e-Services is complete, true and accurate. You are solely responsible for the contents of any information and data submitted. Where supporting documents are required, you should ensure all information submitted through the HDB e-Services is consistent with the supporting documents. Failure to do so may result in delay in processing or rejection of the application. You may be liable for costs incurred due to false or incorrect information submitted
• You must promptly provide to us, upon request, any additional information which we may consider necessary in providing the HDB e-Services
• You must not interfere with or disrupt computer networks or systems connected to, supporting or hosting the HDB e-Services and the Site under any circumstances
• You must not use any device, software or routine to interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the HDB e-Services and/or the Site
• You must not take any action that imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on the HDB e-Services or its associated infrastructure
• You must not attempt to decipher, decompile, disassemble or reverse engineer any of the software comprising or in any way making up a part of the Site
• You must not access data not intended for you or log into a server or account that you are not authorised to access
• You must not attempt to probe, scan or test the vulnerability of a system or network or to breach security or authentication measures without proper authorisation
• You must not attempt to interfere with the Site to any User, host or network, including without limitation, by way of submitting a virus to, or overloading, “flooding”, “spamming”, “mailbombing” or “crashing” the Site
• You must not send unsolicited e-mail, including promotions and/or advertising of products or services
Privacy & Security
Disclosure of Data
We collect personal data from you to administer HDB’s public housing programmes and service. Subject to the terms of the Site's Privacy Statement and the following, we will not disclose any of your personal data without obtaining your prior consent unless required by law :
• If you choose to make an application or send us an email providing your personal data, we may, if necessary share your personal data with other Government agencies, or with non-Government entities which have been authorised by us for the purpose of carrying out HDB e-Services, so as to provide HDB e-Services to you in the most efficient and effective way, unless such data sharing is prohibited by law
• You may inform us in writing that you do not consent to such sharing of your personal data. Please note that withdrawal of consent could affect the quality of HDB e-Services delivered to you. For queries about HDB’s personal data sharing policy or to inform us that you do not consent to share your personal data, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Rentention of Data
For your convenience, we may display to you data you had previously supplied to us or other Government agencies. This will speed up the transaction and save you the trouble of repeating previous submissions. Should the data be inaccurate or out-of-date, please supply us with the latest data.
We will retain the data only as necessary for the effective delivery of public services to you.
You are fully responsible for the security or loss of your SingPass, SingPass ID and any other password and User ID assigned to you. This includes taking all necessary steps to keep your User ID(s) and password(s) confidential at all times, changing your password(s) periodically, and maintaining the confidentiality of your account information
You are fully responsible for all activities, transactions and/ or enquiries made through the use of your identification, SingPass, and/or other password(s), regardless of whether such activities, transactions or enquiries were made with your knowledge and authorityYou must report to us immediately if you know or have reason to suspect that the security of your SingPass or any other password has been compromised or used by another person without your authority. Please note that HDB will never ask you for your SingPass or any other login password
We reserve the right to deny or restrict access to the Site to any particular person, block access from a particular Internet address to the Site, or block your SingPass, Singpass ID or other password or User ID at any time without providing any reason and/or notification
Where appropriate, we will use available technology to protect the security of communications made through the Site, including those involving electronic storage and transmission of personal data. However, we do not accept liability for the security, authenticity, integrity, or confidentiality of any transaction and other communication made through the Site, whether using SingPass or otherwise
Internet communications are susceptible to interference or interception by third parties. We do not guarantee, represent or warrant that the Site and the server are free from infection by computer viruses or other harmful elements
You are responsible for taking appropriate steps to keep your information, software, and equipment secure. This includes clearing your Internet browser cookies and cache before and after using any services on the Site
Check out more details on essential infocommunications security tips.
All Materials in the Site are protected by law. Except as otherwise provided, no part of the Materials may be copied, modified, reproduced, reused, republished, reverse compiled, adapted, modified, altered, used to create a derivative work, displayed, broadcasted, uploaded, posted, transmitted, communicated in any form or by any means or otherwise distributed in any way for commercial or any other purpose without our prior written permission. Unauthorised use of the Materials may be a violation of our copyright and other intellectual property rights.
To use the Materials or any part thereof, you must seek prior permission in writing, stating your identity, the content sought to be used, intent of use, manner of use and time frame of use. We reserve the right to refuse permission without stating any reason(s) and/or if we deem that the information you have submitted is insufficient.
You agree that all Information sent to us via the Site is non-confidential and non-proprietary unless otherwise indicated by you. Such Information shall be deemed, and shall remain, our property. None of the Information shall be subject to any obligation of confidence on our part and you agree that we shall not be liable for any use of the Information by reproducing, publishing or otherwise using the Information in any way for any purpose.
Without limitation to the foregoing, we shall be entitled to reproduce, use, disclose and distribute any of the Information, including any ideas, concepts, inventions, techniques and know-how disclosed therein, for any purpose, including the developing, manufacturing and/or marketing of goods or services. If the applicable law does not recognise our ownership of such Information, you agree to grant us an exclusive, irrevocable, worldwide, royalty free licence to exploit the intellectual property rights, including all future copyright and all other rights of any nature (including rights now known or in the future created) in and to the Information and any revisions, additions and updates to the Information, or any derivative work(s) of the Information, whether existing now or in the future, for the full period of the intellectual property rights and all renewals and extensions, and with full rights to us to do anything with the Information, its revisions, additions or updates, or any derivative work(s) of the Information, as determined by us in our sole discretion.
Relying on Information
All Materials on Where2Shop.sg are provided as a source of information only, and do not in any way represented an endorsement of the shops' products and services from HDB. It does not constitute legal and/or other professional advice and should not be relied upon in that regard. The Materials may not include all information relating to the matters covered therein. While we have made reasonable efforts to ensure that the Materials are consistent with existing law, policies and practice, you shall conduct your own checks (which include but are not limited to seeking independent legal and/or other professional advice) to verify the accuracy, completeness, reliability, currency, adequacy and/or truth of the Materials and the applicability of the Materials to your particular circumstances before referring to, using and/or relying on any part of the Site for any reason. We shall not be liable for any action taken or omission made in reliance on the Site.
General Disclaimer And Limitation Of Liability
All Materials (including Materials posted by Users) are provided on an ‘as is’ and ‘as available’ basis, without warranties of any kind (express, implied, statutory or otherwise arising from usage, custom or trade or by operation of law). While we have put in reasonable efforts to ensure that the Materials are consistent with existing law, policies and practice, we shall not be responsible for any errors or omissions, or for the results obtained from the use of such Materials. Any use by you is solely and fully at your own risk.
To the fullest extent permitted by law, we do not represent or warrant and hereby disclaim any representation or warranty of any kind (express, implied, statutory or otherwise arising from usage, custom or trade or by operation of law) to you or any third party :
• as to the truth, accuracy, correctness, veracity, fullness, adequacy, originality, completeness, reasonableness, reliability, satisfactory quality, currency, timeliness, non-infringement of third party rights, title, merchantability and fitness for any purpose of the Materials
• regarding the use or the results of the use of the Materials in terms of their correctness, accuracy, completeness or reliability, or otherwise
• that the Site and/or the HDB e-Services will meet your needs or requirements
• that any service, software or information provided on this Site will be uninterrupted, timely, accurate, reliable, secure, fault-free or error free, or that defects will be corrected
• that any information transmitted by you by e-mail or other means through or to us or anyone will be accurately received or secure
• as to compliance with or non-infringement of any third party intellectual property or proprietary rights
Using this Site means you acknowledge, accept, and assume all risks inherent in Internet transactions and will not hold us liable under any circumstances for any claim or demand (for damages, losses, expenses, etc.) which you may have or be exposed to as a result of you assuming such risks.
To the fullest extent permitted by law, we shall not be liable to you or any third party and expressly disclaim liability for any loss, damage, expense or cost, including but not limited to direct, indirect, punitive, special, consequential or incidental damages, loss of income, revenue, profits, goodwill, business, business contracts or business opportunities, anticipated savings, economic loss, lost or damaged data, or damage to your computer, software, modem, telephone or other property, which may result, directly or indirectly, from :
• anything done or omitted to be done in relation to the Site
• reference to, usage of and/or reliance on any statement, opinion, representation or information in the Site
• usage of or access to any other website linked to the Site
• any delay in operation or transmission, communication failure, Internet access difficulties or malfunctions in equipment or software or any inability to use or loss of access to this Site, SingPass or any other password, howsoever caused
• the conduct or the views of any person who accesses or uses the User’s SingPass or any other password and/or accesses or uses the Site
• any errors, omissions, inaccuracy or incompleteness in the Site, or in the transmission of the Site
even if HDB or its employees are advised of the possibility of such losses, damages and/ or expenses.
While every care is taken by us in providing the HDB e-Services, no warranty is given that access to the HDB e-Services will be provided uninterrupted or free from error or that any identified defect will be corrected and we disclaim all liability for any direct, incidental or consequential damage or loss that may result from such interruptions or errors or defects, including but not limited to :
• any loss of, or any inability to retrieve, any data or information however caused as a result of any interruption, suspension or termination of service
• any inaccuracy in the information presented, used or transmitted through the HDB e-Services
Access To The Site
The accessibility and operation of the Site relies on technologies outside our control. Due to the inherent defects of electronic distribution, you acknowledge that there may be errors, delays, omissions, interruption, breach of security, corruption, unavailability of access in connection with or inaccuracies in the Site. We do not guarantee, represent or warrant continuous accessibility or uninterrupted operation of the Site at any time, including during the time you access any information or perform online transactions/ services, whether using SingPass, other password(s), or otherwise.
We reserve the right to provide links to other unrelated websites including private sector websites. Under no circumstances are links to such websites intended to mean that they are endorsed or approved by us, nor shall we be considered to be associated or affiliated in any manner with any trade or service marks, logos, insignia or other devices used or appearing on websites to which the Site is linked.
We are not responsible or liable for the availability or contents of any other website (regardless of whether the site is provided by us) linked to/ from the Site. Access to any such site is at your own risk. You shall not hold us responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss arising from use of and/or access to information or material provided or made available in such websites.
Before caching or creating any link to or frame of the Site or engaging in similar activities, prior written permission must be sought from us. We reserve the right to impose any terms and conditions when granting such permission, including imposing a fee.
We reserve the right to object to or disable any link to or frame of the Site. We also reserve the right to change any URL, including the URL of the Site, without notification.
You shall not link any page in this Site to any other website containing any prohibited material under the Media Development Authority’s Internet Code of Practice, including but not limited to the following :
• inappropriate, racist, profane, defamatory, obscene, indecent or unlawful topics, names, material or information
• material or information that violates any intellectual property, proprietary, privacy, publicity or other legal rights
• material that promotes terrorism and that is harmful to public interest, public morality, public order, public security, national harmony, or is otherwise unlawful
Under no circumstances are links on any other website (not provided by us) to the Site intended to mean that such websites are affiliated to, endorsed or approved by us, nor shall we be considered to be associated or affiliated in whatever manner with any trade or service marks, logos, insignia or other devices used or appearing on such websites that link to the Site.
We reserve the right to introduce and revise any fees from time to time. We are not responsible for any fees charged by any other website that is not provided by us.
At all times, you will indemnify, keep us indemnified, and hold us harmless against any mishaps caused by or resulting from :
• your use of the Site and/or the HDB e-Services
• use by any other person of the Site and/or the HDB e-Services using your username and/or login password
• any action taken or omitted to be taken in good faith by us pursuant to any information or instruction given by you
The mishaps include :
• losses (including direct, indirect, incidental, and/or consequential losses)
• damages (including general special, and/or punitive damages)
• claims, demands, costs, expenses, fees (including all legal fees, such as that between solicitor and client, on a full indemnity basis whether or not incurred in respect of any real, anticipated, or threatened legal proceedings)
The above indemnity shall continue to be valid even after the agreement between HDB and you has been terminated.
• all other terms and conditions of our e-Services when using them
• our prevailing policies, procedures and/or practices, whether published or otherwise
In the event of conflict :
• between a statement on the Site and a policy, procedure or practice, the latter shall prevail to the extent of such conflict
We may, at our discretion, without giving prior notice and without liability, at any time suspend the operations of the Site or all or any part of the services contained in the Site for any period of time, whether for the purposes of updating, upgrading, system maintenance, or otherwise.
We reserve all rights to change our policies, procedures and/or practices at any time and in our sole discretion. Consequently, we may in our sole discretion add to, delete, withdraw, vary, discontinue, suspend, fully or partially, any Materials, features and/or all other forms of content that form part of the Site (including all services available within it) at any time, with or without prior notice to you, and without liability.
Here is a non-exhaustive list of ways through which we can notify you :
• normal mail
• registered mail
• by hand
• SMS messages
• wireless Application Protocol-enabled facilities
Documents shall be deemed to be duly served if sent by any of the above ways to an address (electronic or otherwise) provided by you in the Site.
Use of Open Data
The use of datasets that agencies including us publish to the public free-of-charge (Open Data) will be governed by the Singapore Open Data Licence.